The Basildon hospital is busy with an excellent variety of case loads, offering 24-hour care for our patients. We have a great clinical and non-clinical team all dedicated to ensure the needs of the animals and client are met and the customer journey is excellent.
Job Title: Veterinary Surgeon.
Location: Cherrydown Vets, Basildon hospital.
Job Type: Permanent.
We are a very busy practice with an excellent variety of caseloads. We have a great clinical and non-clinical team all dedicated to ensure the needs of the animals and client are met and the customer journey is excellent. The candidate would be based at our Basildon Hospital where they would be on rota for either consults, ops or hospital vet days. We do also have veterinary cover at our sites in Stanford and Wickford, these are preventative clinics. At Basildon, we have a digital x-ray, new ultrasound machine, new endoscopes and a designated dental suite. Currently the vets are working 4 days a week, 1 in 4 Saturday clinics and 1 in 9 OOH weekends (inpatient responsibility only up till 9pm). The successful candidate ideally needs to be proficient in both medicine and surgery and special interests are catered for.
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
INFORMATION ABOUT US
To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
CherrydownVets are a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary practice. Our main hospital site is based in Basildon and we have 2 smaller sites one in Stanford and the other in Wickford that offer preventative clinics. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 60 staff members and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by CherrydownVets. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- TEAMWORK – Working within the team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times