Cherrydown offers of wide range of treatments for your beloved pets. We provide a full service of care for your pet including 24-hour round the clock care in our Basildon branch.
As an all-around veterinary practice, we have access to the best high-level specialists care:
- Access to the best referral specialists in the veterinary field
- Regular visits from a cardiologist giving us the ability to refer cardiology cases in-house
- Orthopaedic surgeon on site to carry out minor surgeries
- Ultrasonographer on site which means we use non-invasive diagnostic procedures
Below is a list of treatments we offer:
- Preventative Dental Care
- Dental hygiene is just as important for pets as it is for ourselves.
- Poor dental care could result in infections or loss of teeth.
- It could also lead to further complications and that is why we are so keen to ensure your pets get the best preventative dental care.
- Our team can demonstrate how to examine your pet’s teeth and give you helpful tips on cleaning. We also offer dental X-rays for a full complete dental service.
- Microchipping – Identification Service
- We always recommend to have a microchip implant for your pet to ensure that he or she may be easily identified should they go missing.
- Microchips are easily implanted with an injection into the scruff of the neck at a routine appointment and are checked to ensure they can be read by a scanner. This is a quick procedure that is not harmful to pets.
- If you happen to find a stray animal, we welcome you to bring the pet to our branches. One of our nurses will be able to scan the animal for identification and assist in finding the owners.
- Nail Clipping and Claw Care
- Keeping your pet’s nails and claws healthy is important to prevent injury or infection.
- This can be tricky to do at home and that’s why we are happy to offer the service in our branches.
- We have all the right tools and equipment to make the process as quick and pain-free as possible for your pet.
- Flea and Worm Treatments
- By giving your pet preventative flea and worm treatments, we ensure you keep on top of any pests that may settle into your home. Our team is there to offer and administer the most effective preventative treatments for your pet’s age, habits and lifestyle.
- They can also give you some advice on how best to check your pets for parasite and explain what to look for.
- Nutrition and Weight Advice
- Pet obesity can lead to various health conditions that may affect your pet’s life. We understand it can be difficult to know what the ideal weight for your pet is and how to maintain this. Our team can weigh and measure your pet and give you some advice on how to sustain a healthy and balanced diet.