Cherrydown Vets offers a high-quality veterinary service to its customers and patients. In order to provide long term continuity care, we offer various clinics and services to ensure our patients are in the best health they can be.
Our team can provide you with:
Cherrydown offers of wide range of treatments for your beloved pets. We provide a full service of care for your pet including 24-hour round the clock care in our Basildon branch.
As an all-around veterinary practice, we have access to the best high-level specialists care:
- Access to the best referral specialists in the veterinary field
- Regular visits from a cardiologist giving us the ability to refer cardiology cases in-house
- Orthopaedic surgeon on site to carry out minor surgeries
- Ultrasonographer on site which means we use non-invasive diagnostic procedures
Below is a list of treatments we offer:
- Preventative Dental Care
- Dental hygiene is just as important for pets as it is for ourselves.
- Poor dental care could result in infections or loss of teeth.
- It could also lead to further complications and that is why we are so keen to ensure your pets get the best preventative dental care.
- Our team can demonstrate how to examine your pet’s teeth and give you helpful tips on cleaning. We also offer dental X-rays for a full complete dental service.
- Microchipping – Identification Service
- We always recommend to have a microchip implant for your pet to ensure that he or she may be easily identified should they go missing.
- Microchips are easily implanted with an injection into the scruff of the neck at a routine appointment and are checked to ensure they can be read by a scanner. This is a quick procedure that is not harmful to pets.
- If you happen to find a stray animal, we welcome you to bring the pet to our branches. One of our nurses will be able to scan the animal for identification and assist in finding the owners.
- Nail Clipping and Claw Care
- Keeping your pet’s nails and claws healthy is important to prevent injury or infection.
- This can be tricky to do at home and that’s why we are happy to offer the service in our branches.
- We have all the right tools and equipment to make the process as quick and pain-free as possible for your pet.
- Flea and Worm Treatments
- By giving your pet preventative flea and worm treatments, we ensure you keep on top of any pests that may settle into your home. Our team is there to offer and administer the most effective preventative treatments for your pet’s age, habits and lifestyle.
- They can also give you some advice on how best to check your pets for parasite and explain what to look for.
- Nutrition and Weight Advice
- Pet obesity can lead to various health conditions that may affect your pet’s life. We understand it can be difficult to know what the ideal weight for your pet is and how to maintain this. Our team can weigh and measure your pet and give you some advice on how to sustain a healthy and balanced diet.
Nurse Health Clinics
These are available at our Basildon branch.
Our Health Clinics are a way to provide effective and cost efficient treatments for your pet.
The clinic nurse on duty for the day can perform the following procedures:
- Nail clipping
- Anal glands check
- Flea and worm treatments
- Teeth burring for small furries
- Tick removal
By booking your health clinic with a nurse, you only pay for the treatment received and no consultation fee is charged.
Senior Pet Clinic
As pets age, like us, they are likely to experience some changes in their health and lifestyle.
Our focus is your pet's welfare and happiness at any stage of their life.
Therefore we at Cherrydown Vets offer a range of checks and procedures to ensure also the quality of older pets' lives.
Our nurses can perform the following procedures to identify any signs or symptoms of common illnesses in geriatric pets:
- Dental and weight check
- Consultation and advice on behavioural changes you may experience as your pet gets older
- Urine analysis
- Mobility check and arthritis management
If you are interested in this service, give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to help or book you in for a visit with one of our nurses.
Specialist Nurse Clinics
We offer a Specialist Nurse Clinics free of charge.
The nurses are specialists in their fields and passionate about sharing the best pet care advice with owners.
Here’s what our team can deliver:
- Arthritis and Diabetes guidance: our nurse can give you help and advice on managing your pet’s condition.
- Rabbits’ checks: our nurse is able to provide advice on diet, dental, neutering, vaccinations, housing and boredom-breaking activities for your rabbit.
- Weight clinic: our nurse gives you one-to-one support to help your overweight pet to lose weight healthily with regular weigh-ins and advice.
- Dental checks: our dental nurse can provide essential information on maintaining your pet’s teeth and gums healthy.
This service is available at our Basildon branch.
You can book your next appointment by calling the practice to book your visit with one of our nurses, free of charge.
Cherrydown has had its own brand pet food since 2015, helping maintain healthy and happy pets. Our food is available in different flavours and sizes as well as being reasonably priced.
You can buy your food in the practice. Here’s what available to you:
Cherrydown Vets Food is available in all three of our branches.
The team of vets, nurses and support staff is working towards delivering excellent and professional veterinary service in a friendly environment whilst being dedicated to each and every single pet that come into our care.